Friday 4 March 2016

TGIF.... Cheers to the weekend

"Finally, its Friday! TGIF," Bisi, my colleague said.
Smiling, I said..."Abi! this week was kinda slow, i'm happy its over".
"So, what plans do you have for the weekend?", she asked curiously.
In my usual indifferent tone i said, " Nothing oh, I'm just gonna sleep till my eyes hurt".
She laughed at me and said "So you have no plans, Na wa  oh. You are boring."
We both laughed.
Then I stopped to think.... HAVE I GOTTEN BORING?
And just like that, reality dawned on me, "I WAS INDEED BORING."
With that realisation, I got terrified. 
BORING was never a word synonymous with Thelma. 


In the past, if anyone had called me boring, I would have challenged the person to a fun weekend that I would obviously win. 
But that was not the case these days. 
These days i stayed home Sleeping, Working (I still worked from home) then eating and watching episodes of my favourite Indian soap operas I missed during the week.
"Was it part of growing up?" I asked my self.
I'm still under 26.
"Does being an adult mean i had to be boring and stay home all weekend?"
Lemme tell you a bit about who thelma is or 'was'....
Thelma loves FUN, in all forms.
She's an outgoing person.
She lives for fun.
Those were part of the things that made me look forward to the weekend.
Fun could be in form of hanging out with my friends, hitting the clubs, partying, binge drinking, wedding crashing. Just name it and I can tell you I've done it.
This was my lifestyle about a year ago.
But so much has changed.
The changes came without warning. I didn't realise it was even happening.
The thought of even going out these days makes me cringe so i just curl up in my room and remain there.
I work Monday - Friday, almost 12 hours each day so you would think i would jump at the thought of a change of routine.. Nope.
It sounds crazy but sometimes i wish the weekends would just end so i could get back to work on Monday. (I'm weird right" lol).
Don't get me wrong, I’m not an unhappy person.
Infact I’m the Jolliest, goofiest person you may ever meet, But these days I just stopped being social.
I even run from top entertainment events like celebrity parties and dinners just because I didn't want to dress up and meet people.
Well, I guess, its a phase.
This weekend I think I should try something different.... Maybe watch the latest movies my brother downloaded on my laptop 3 months ago. I think that’s fun enough..lol.
  Enough said, I love life but sometimes i think i miss out on living.
 But again, I know it’s a phase and it will pass.
Gotta get back to work now.. 
T.B










No comments:

Post a Comment