Friday 11 March 2016

One of those moments...

What would you do if someone told you.... 'You are dying'.
That was Thelma's dilemma some days ago, she had a health scare.

Curious as usual, the first and worst thing she did was google the symptoms.

The results the search engine brought out was even a death sentence of some sort.

According to Google, she had cancer.



That scared the shit out of her.
Lots of thoughts started running through her head. She got confused.
One of the first thoughts that came into her head was..... "My family, I haven't even travelled the world. I haven't started my own media company. I'm still unmarried, without kids.... Blah blah blah".

She was so scared, then she said to herself,  "Have i really been taking care of myself?"
"Was I making so much money and spending too much time at my job that I had neglected my body?"

Thelma works 12 hours a day as a media executive in TBT Networks.
And in Nigerian slang "Body no be firewood!"

But in all her confusion and unrest, a bright light beamed at the end of the tunnel.

She said to herself aloud, "I was here".

"I have left a legacy in my short time on earth."
At 25, she had her own TV show, was a top Media producer, She was also one of the Most sort after News presenters. She had interviewed world leaders from 32 different countries, Had made tremendous impact in her society, she had...

Thelma! Thelma! A soft tap from Azeez her Camera man brought her back to reality.
From her disoriented state she asked Azeez, "What happened?" Why are you looking at me like that?
Azeez stifled a smile forming at the corners of his mouth.
'What now', Thelma asked again, this time obviously getting irritated.
Azeez answered, "Err... You fell asleep on LIVE TV"...









No comments:

Post a Comment