Thursday 28 December 2017

The Meeting

"Hello... Is this seat taken?"
I looked up to see a familiar face standing above me.

"No, not at all, take a seat," I said with a smile at the corner of my lips.

"You still look as stunning as ever Thelma," he said returning my smile.

It was IK Nwobi, the man who had once ruled my fantasies.




I met IK in my first year in the University, he was in his third year in another University in the same state. We met at a party he and his friends organised at his dormitory. A friend of mine was dating one of the organisers so my friends and I, about six of us attended the party.

It was one of those chance meetings. I was talking to a guy when he abandoned me for another girl he had been eyeing.

IK saw the mild drama and swooped in to save me.

When he approached me, i was kinda embarrassed and grateful he made the move. We got talking and I got so attracted to him.
You see, IK was not the Drop Dead Gorgeous kinda guy, he was the smarty pants, nerdy, a touch of arrogant, smooth operator kinda guy. He was also intelligent, driven, ambitious and these were the things that made me fall for him. Till date, my friends still can't understand what i saw in him neither can I.

Unfortunately, we were never in a committed relationship. Each time we had the chance to be together, something came up.
Either he was involved with someone else or I wasn't ready. It was always so complicated.
We ran into each other different times after we left school yet the timing was never right.

"What are you doing sitting by yourself?" he asked.


T.B


1 comment: